If you have, the time, knowledge and resources to do your own SEO here are a few tips to get you started.
- Make sure your website Meta tags, titles and descriptions are relevant to page content. “Don’t use
- Don’t use hidden text or lots of keywords at the foot of your site. “It can be classed as spamming“
- Add a site map, XML or Html or both.
- Use the right spellings on each page.
- Update on
a regular baseswith good relevant content.
- Use Html and CSS to create your web content and avoid if possible the use of flash and java to produce content. “Search engines can’t read most of it.“
- Avoid linking with bad websites, it has a knock on effect. If you are linking with other sites check them out 1st.
- Spell-checking and W3C compliance adds extra points.
Most of all take your time and be patient.
“Remember Rome wasn’t built in a day”