Data is one of the most important aspects of our computer systems, whether it is your emails, photos or other personal data everyone should back up his or her data.
“because until the worst happens you do not know how much you really needed it.”
A recent of a client of ours, they had never backed their data and been taking photos of their family from 2003 to 2009 and I think there were over 3000 photos. Guess what hard drive failure, what price do you put on all those photos? I guess sentimental value is priceless.
We did recover their photos for them but data recovery it is not always possible.
A few data back up options:
- Blue-ray DVD or CD
- USB, sticks are large in capacity today running into the GB
- Extra internal hard drives
- Extra External hard drives USB
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices or a server.
- Online backup – there are many companies that offer this service at varied prices in many different countries.
There are many forms of data back and you should choose one that suits your needs.